Tuesday 24 May 2011

Shawarma - Lebanese Dish

Shawarma is a famous lebanese dish. During my visit to Dubai I had lots and lots of Shawarma. It costs around 5-6 dirhams over there. I liked it a lot. Its is made up of Kubooz and mutton. They cut mutton into small pieces and put it inside the kubooz along with mayonnaise, cabbage, onions. There are two types of shwarma available in Dubai one is spicy shwarma and the other one is non spicy one. I liked non spicy one more. You can easily get shwarma on dubai streets. Its a damn yummy dish which will make your mouth watering. I used to have it as snacks or dinner because the shopkeeper starts this preparation from evening only. You cant get shawarma in morning or afternoon. They mix the mutton pieces with mayonnaise, cabbage, onions etc and wrap it up in Kubooz and then serve it to the customers. Like the way in India we have Aloo Tikki, chaat, bhalle papri, cutlets, pao bhaji etc as snaks similarly over there its considered as snack. I will recommend all the Dubai visitors to go for Shawarma at least once during their visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment